WOULD YOU LIKE TO………….
TAKE PART IN A FUN PROJECT ,
GET RECOGNITION AS AN ARTIST,
AND DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?
Many of you are familiar with the annual Making Homes Safe Haven Painted Birdhouse Event. Last year Montgomery Art Guild and The Family Sunshine Center partnered to sponsor a competition that will incorporate the painted birdhouses. We will continue the tradition for 2015.
Our efforts with this project are to give artists an opportunity to give back to the community in raising awareness about domestic violence and its victims by providing its top sponsors with the gift created by local talented artists. We certainly have some wonderful artists and would like to have an enormous presence and support for the Family Sunshine Center.
This event will provide the artist that enters this competition with several areas of recognition and is celebrated in multiple ways that are beneficial in promoting your name as an artist in the River Region.
If you participated in 2014……you will automatically receive an invitation to the kickoff party. Please encourage your friends and fellow artists to be a part of this project.
Kickoff Party and Birdhouse Pickup
Sunday, February 22, 2015
3:00 – 5:00 pm
1041 East Fairview Avenue, Montgomery
RSVP by February 19 to
Dress: Business Casual
Reception provided by ServisFirst Bank
If you are interested……..
Please CLICK HERE if you would like to paint a birdhouse and donate your time and talents.
Provide your name in the subject field.
Provide your address and phone number in the body of the email.
You will receive an email with the following:
• Invitation to Kickoff party to pick up your birdhouse – Reception provided by Servis
• First at Stonehenge GalleryCompetition Guidelines
• Entry Forms
What you can expect………
• Montgomery Art Guild member entry only
• An invitation to the kickoff party for artists entering competition hosted by Servis 1st Bank at Stonehenge Gallery
• All birdhouses will be displayed at the MMFA during 2015 Flimp Festival, May 2
• Each artist will be invited and recognized at Culminating Event and silent auction October 8, 2015 at the Ware – Farley – Hood House in Old Alabama Town (Proceeds to benefit Family Sunshine Center)
• Winners of competition recognized in Montgomery Advertiser and The Independent