The Montgomery Art Guild Partners with the Montgomery Museum of Fine Art to Arrange
International Art Exchange!
CALL FOR ENTRIES
DEADLINE FOR ENTERING THE ITALY 2016 EXHIBITION IS FRIDAY, APRIL 1.
Thanks to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts the members of the Montgomery Art Guild have the opportunity to participate in a cultural exchange with Montgomery's sister city, Pietrasanta, Italy. Art work by MAG artists will be sent to Pietransanta, the City of Art, by MMFA. The art work will hang in a gallery in the Palazzo Panichi in the city center. The exhibition will open on June 25th with a reception which Mayor Todd Strange and his delegation will attend. The exhibition will be on display until July 31, 2016.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Our SUBJECT for the art should be reflective of the character and culture of Montgomery and Alabama, as the marble was reflective of Pietrasanta and Italy.
MMFA will crate and ship the works by air in time for installation in the Palazzo Panichi Gallery
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of 2-dimensional artwork, framed and ready to hang.
- Works must be no larger than 30"x 40" framed or gallery wrapped.
- Paper pieces must be framed with Plexiglas (plastic glazing) to prevent breakage.
- Digital images of the works to be considered must be submitted to the DropEvent website by APRIL 1.
- Attach your photo to an email. Submit only ONE photo per email.
- In SUBJECT line of email enter: Last name_First name_Title of art work_Meduim_Size framed
- Do not enter any information in the body of the email.
- Email photo to: Italy2016@dropevent.com
- If you have any problems submitting your images or have not received an email confirmation that your work has been received, contact Linda Cappelluzzo at 334-399-2223.
- Jurors from MMFA (Mark Johnson and Jennifer Jankauskas) and MAG (Carol Ballard and Barbara Davis) will make preliminary selections from images on the DropEvent website no later than APRIL 8. Artists will be notified by email.
- The works of art on the preliminary selection list must be delivered to the Museum (MMFA) for final selection on Monday, APRIL 18 or Tuesday APRIL 19 between 9:00am and 4:00pm. Artists will be notified of the final decision by email no later than Friday, APRIL 22. Works not selected must be picked by on Monday, APRIL 25 or Tuesday, APRIL 26, between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- 15-20 pieces of art work will be chosen for shipment to Pietrasanta.
- Works selected must be accompanied by a one-page artist bio/statement and an insurance value.
Other art works submitted for the Call will have the opportunity to be exhibited at the Art at City Hall Gallery in Montgomery from May through August. When the Italian show returns to Montgomery, these works will be featured in an exhibition at the Art at City Hall Gallery.
The Montgomery Art Guild appreciates your participation in this event. This is a wonderful opportunity for MAG artists to add to their exhibition history and resume. We look forward to having a great selection of art to sent to Montgomery's sister city, Pietrasanta, Italy.
Also, for more conversations and information, stay in touch through MAG's Facebook Page.